SAVE THE DATE for #GivingTuesday on November 27, 2018.
The holiday season is just around the corner, and we invite you to kick it off with us on Giving Tuesday! Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving back. On the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, you’ll have the chance to join people around the world and support YWCA Southern Arizona and the programs that eliminate racism and empower women.
GIVE TO CREATE SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE.
- Stand Together Arizona Training & Advocacy Center (STAT) is a coalition-based action center focused on training, organizing, and advocacy. They’re ON A MISSION to advance an intersectional human rights and planetary justice agenda for just laws, policies, and systems that work for everyone.
- The New Millennium Leadership Centerstrives to be a resource for diversity and racial justice training for both private and public organizations and businesses throughout Arizona.
GIVE TO SUPPORT AN ECONOMY THAT WORKS FOR EVERYONE.
- The Micro-business Advancement Center (MAC) invests in culturally-rooted, women- and minority-based businesses, including incubation of food and art entrepreneurs, co-working spaces, immigration legal services, and commercial/retail/community space rentals.
- The Women’s Business Center (WBC) targets women-owned businesses, especially in industries targeted by Tucson & Pima county economic development plans for cross-border culturally-rooted art and food businesses.
GIVE TO WOMEN TAKING CHARGE.
- The Women’s Center for Economic Opportunity (WCEO) equips intersectional communities with opportunities for civic and community leadership, including citizenship programs and services through the Latina Leadership Institute.
- A focus of the Stand Together Arizona Training & Advocacy Center (STAT) action center provides opportunities to register and engage women voters across Arizona. Their mission is to educate and provide non-partisan information to the community.
- Since 1991 the Women’s Counseling Network (WCN) has made long-term personal counseling accessible to every woman, regardless of their ability to pay. In 2016 we expanded our services to include LGBTQ+ individuals. Through the WCN, folx are able to find the support they need in order to lead more productive, successful and meaningful lives.
Join the movement this Giving Tuesday and help us give the gift of dignity, justice, and economic freedom. Your gift contribution provides access to programs and scholarships to training, economic development, and social justice for all.
Mark your calendars, spread the word, and stay tuned for more details!
Can’t wait for #GivingTuesday?! Donate and become a member of the YWCA Southern Arizona.